Tuesday, August 18, 2009

WEEK 18: Sweet Potato

So I am in week 18 of my pregnancy today! Woohoo! Almost half way there!!! "The Bump's" weekly update says the baby is the size of a sweet potato. Awww... my little sweet potato! It also says, the baby has become amazingly mobile, passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, the baby's finally big enough that I'll be able to feel those movements soon. I still haven't felt the baby move yet, well, I am sure I have and just haven't realized it - I have felt some things, but nothing that I am certain is our little one moving around in there! Everyone says I should start feeling it regularly soon. I can't wait! When I went to the doctor last week, she was trying to hear the heartbeat and it was moving so much that she kept losing it, then it would move to the other side of my stomach and she would have to go find it again and again! She said it was VERY active at this stage. Only 2 more weeks until my BIG ultrasound! I can't wait to find out if we are having a boy or a girl! What do you think? Boy or Girl? Come on - you have a 50/50 shot at getting it right!

Also, in honor of the Sweet Potato....

Here is Mamaw Wardlow's Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe!!! I might have to fix this soon - it sounds delicious, but doesn't everything at this point!
1 can sweet potatoes
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
pecans or mar shmallows (optional)

Boil sweet potatoes with juice in pan for a few minutes. Combine sugar and butter in skillet til dissolved (over medium heat). If dry, add a little of the sweet potato juice. Put potatoes in skillet, if too dry add some more of the juice. Cook for 5-1o minutes. Put in casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Top with marshmallows or pecans! Bake until brown.

(Can add chunk pineapple (drained) during skillet stage).

No comments: