Monday, November 23, 2009

20 Things I am Thankful To God For...

Wow... so much to be thankful for... where do I even start.

1) I am thankful to God for my salvation! Without him I could do nothing and would have no hope in this world, but with Jesus, thank God, I'm saved! (...but God who is rich in mercy...)

2) I am thankful to God for giving me such a wonderful husband! I realize more and more everyday just how blessed I am to have a saved husband. I don't know what I did to deserve such a wonderful man to stand beside me throughout this life, but I am glad he is mine! He treats me better than anyone I have ever known and I know he is going to be such a good daddy to our little girl!

3) I am thankful to God for blessing us with this baby girl! We prayed for her for a long time and want to give praise and thanks to the Lord for his wonderful blessings! So far she has been such a blessing to us and we haven't even met her yet! I can't wait until January!!!

4) I am thankful to God for giving me a wonderful father. He has been such a great Dad to me, and I know he is gonna be such a good grandpa!

5) I am thankful to God for giving me a wonderful mother. Mom is my best friend and although we still are mother/daughter when it comes to opinions, clothes, and anything else mothers and daughters disagree about, she is still my number 1 fan, and I am hers! I also know she will be such a great grandma!

6) I am thankful to God for a great brother too! My brother is crazy, funny, and just all around a great guy to be around. He makes me laugh, sometimes too hard at the dinner table when I get all choked up, and will make a great CRAZY UNCLE CLINT!

7) I am thankful to God for giving me great in-laws! They say you can tell how a man will treat you by the way he treats his mother, and let me tell you, Matt loves his mother, and his father too for that matter! For that I am thankful! I am thankful that we get along so well and they have accepted me as one of their own! I am also thankful that they live close by and will be such great grandparents to our baby!

8) I am thankful to God that our family is the closest family I know! Some think it is too close, but personally I love it. I love that my aunt and uncle's door is always open and it is just like we are walking in to my parents house. I love it that I have cousins and cousin-in-laws that are close enough to be considered sisters and brothers! Also, for the kiddos running around that are growing up before my very eyes that will be my baby's best buddies!

9)I am thankful to God for giving me a wonderful church family. Sometimes I take this for granted because I have always gone there, and everything has always been the same, but I can't imagine going anywhere else to serve the Lord. You will never have friends like the ones that believe in the same truths that you do.

10) I am thankful to God for grandparents, and am thankful that one of them is my pastor!

11) I am thankful to God for raising me in a Baptist home with Christian examples to follow. I just hope Matt and I can do the same.

12) I am thankful to God for my parents putting me through a Baptist school. I know I would have learned a lot at public school too, but the constant Christian examples and Bible truths that were taught really do stick with you. And I also enjoyed the small atmosphere of "close friends" and having the opportunity to participate in just about anything extra that I wanted to!

13) I am thankful to God for a warm and cozy home! God has blessed us with enough wealth to own our own house and enough love to make it a warm and cozy home!

14) I am thankful to God for mine and Matt's jobs. With the economy the way it is it could easily be different, and I am sure it is for a lot of people, but we are both blessed to have good jobs.

15) I am thankful to God for the abilities he has given me. I wouldn't call them "talents" necessarily, but he has given me the ability to do a job I enjoy!

16) I am thankful to God for all the extra blessings he gives us. The things we don't really need, a new mattress, a new computer desk, tons of stuff for the baby... he knows we don't NEED all of this stuff, mostly it is WANTS... but he blesses us more abundantly than we ever know!

17) I am thankful to God for my health. I am in good health and with all the crazy flu going around and all the cancers and heart problems people have, I am thankful that I am healthy! As I am in my third trimester I am even more thankful for this, it seems like no big deal until there is another life involved!

18) I am thankful to God for the new pastor that we are going to be getting. It will definitely be different that is for sure, but I am thankful that God has given us someone that can fill papaw's shoes and be an example to us and lead the church in the right path.

19) I am thankful to God for my dog. Yes, I am thankful for her! She is good for a nice cuddle every now and again, and I am thankful for that. Sometimes you need a companion that doesn't have an opinion of you, and will just listen to you as long as you scratch her!

20) I am thankful to God for all the little things! Like Lisa's song, I am blessed with all the little things that we take for granted. The ability to walk, talk and lead a normal life. These are actually not "little" things, but we do take them for granted, we should be thankful for these things daily!

Well, there are my 20 Things I am Thankful for this year!
There are plenty more where that came from, and too many to count!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

Lisa A. said...

Well, I just had a good cry. :) You are going to be a wonderful mommy, and surrounded by a great family to love your little sweetheart. Can't wait to meet her!

What a great idea! I hope to get around to doing one before Thursday...we'll see. :)

The Sechrist's said...

i'm wondering if you all are going to write all this in the book!!